Thursday, February 28, 2008

Oh my...

how time flies... I can't believe my last post was over a month ago!

Happy Birthday to Alexandra Alder!! My sweet little niece turns 1 today! Happy Birthday to the Wasband and Happy Anniversary to Dad & Sue!

To quickly sum up the last month: I have a new job and I am LOVING it! I am being challenged - and it feels really good. I spend A LOT of time in the car 812 miles on Blue Dart in a 2 week period... and that's just work miles. She keeps going strong... that little car has 188,000 miles on it! Not bad for a 1998 Subaru Legacy Wagon.

JD and I getting along great and discussing the next step in our relationship. We are able to communicate with each other and for the first time in a relationship I am able to say what I need to in a reasonable amount of time. For example, in the past when I would get irked about stuff and I would hold it in for weeks or even months - like the pressure in a volcano and then I would EXPLODE!! The Wasband can back me up on this one... In fact, I had to institute a code between he and I - the sign for "time out" like in sports. That was his code to me I had completely lost my cool and needed a time out (yes, much like a 2 year old having a tantrum). I would try not to let these episodes happen, but inevitably they would. I won't kid myself into thinking they NEVER happen now - but fortunately for JD he gets little bursts of steam instead of the massive volcanic eruptions of my past. Of course it helps that he really listens to what I have to say and pays attention when I talk. :)

Friends and family have been asking about Sweet Vivian and I want to let you all know she continues to do well with her treatments. I am amazed and inspired by her strength, she kicks ass.

I'll wrap this up with a typical Adrienne moment... This morning I was in Saco for a training that started at 9:00 as I neared the Bored (hahaha BOARD) Room I could tell that the session had already started, doors are shut and I can see something on the screen through the crack in the door... I'm thinking to myself, crap! I can't believe I'm late - my watch still says 5 minutes, so I very quickly open the door, and sneak into a seat against the wall. It's then that I actually look around at who's in the training, and I recognize only 1 person... the president and CEO of Sweetser, Carl Pendleton and realize everyone is staring at me. I say to Carl - "I'm in the wrong meeting, huh?" I got a terse nod and I quickly excused myself. When I got out into the reception area I asked the Admin, "um... clearly that isn't the HR training I was supposed to be in, where is it?" She said "OH NO... Did you go in the Board Room!?" Anyway, I was in the right town - but I should have been on the campus not in the admin building. I am still laughing about it :)

5 comments:

Lauren Maley said...

I am so glad things are going well. Can't wait to hear more!

Sarah said...

Yay for you! I am so glad to hear that you are doing great! I love you!!!

Sarah said...

Oh and I have to add that your picture of the volcano in your paragraph about bottling up your emotions made me laugh out loud. That is funny stuff!

Corinne said...

OH MY GOSH. I can totally see you in that board room :)

Jami said...

Carl was lucky to have you in that room. I would have loved to have seen that! Glad to hear that you are liking the job. Miss you, Jami