Friday, March 2, 2007

I love being an Auntie

Being an Auntie never gets old.

Announcing Alexandra Olson Alder! My sister Meagan had her first baby Wednesday 2/28/07 at 9:13 pm. Alex weighs 6 pounds, 11 ounces and is 19" long. I am so happy for Meagan and Jon... I tear up when I think about it. It has been so amazing to be in such close contact with her through this journey. I was there the morning she took her pregnancy test and the first one she told (besides Jon, obviously). I have heard all the stories about how her body was changing, her doctor's appointments, hypnobirthing and was part of the nursery painting debacle :) I can't wait to meet and hold the sweet little one who I have decided to call AleBaBa since I already have a nephew Alex. Thankfully my sweet sister Erin sent pictures this morning and that will have to do until I get to see her on the 19th.

I am so grateful for all my nieces and nephews - Alexander, Graham, Simon, Sheely, Xavier, Preston, Emma, Mary, Ava, Alexandra and Nadia for all the fun times we have had and will have. They all have a special place in my heart and I love them all.

4 comments:

tom said...

Isn't it exciting! I can't wait to meet her in about two months!

Corinne said...

I know. It is a total thrill. Becoming an auntie never looses it's charm :)

Sarah said...

You are right, being an Auntie is fabulous. I am so glad that you are Ava's Auntie "A"

erin sheely said...

hurray for auntieness. it's the best. there's nothing like loving and being loved by little munchkins.