Friday, June 8, 2007

Attitude Adjustment

I think I have tossed my peaceful, loving and forgiving attitude out the window... I am in need of an attitude adjustment :) I hate feeling bitter and nasty inside. It's interesting to me how I can vacillate from one day to the next - hell from one hour to the next...

I am going to take a minute and reflect on some of the good things in my life - in no particular order:

amazing friends; a supportive, loving family; the cutest nieces and nephews ever; seeing my family next week!; I am healthy; a car that runs - and is paid for!; a place to live; a job - two jobs - that provide me with paychecks; Al-Anon; therapy; chickalobes, peartinis and beep-bops; my own checking accounts, credit cards and fun girly checks; an expansive wardrobe (although I always complain about nothing to wear); the 5 pounds I've lost; being asked to become an aerobics instructor at the gym; the gym!; my lobster flip flops; white pants for summer; homemade mac & cheese; coffee; setting boundaries for myself!; my desk calendar; my faux voodoo doll that may or may not have the name Steve stuck to it in a particular spot (note to self - get hair clippings for Jordana); my stamps and everything that goes with them; my pink razr cell phone; my pink ipod; pink Hyperion coffee mug; pink water bottle; the color pink in general; new lip gloss (pink); my blog; my thought coach; BNL and EBTG; Arrested Development and most importantly for the ability to have the perspective and insight to know that just because I don't feel fabulous right now - doesn't mean that I'm always going to feel that way and that I will feel better very soon...

whew - it worked! I am starting to feel better already :)

7 comments:

Lauren Maley said...

an aerobics instructor huh?!?! are you going to do it?!?!? you can instruct me to do aerobics while we're at the beach if you want =) if not nin and i are bringing our FIRM's. Pink makes me happy too. seeing you next week makes my LIFE. I LOVE YOU!!!

Corinne said...

OOOOOO teach me some aerobics!!

Sarah said...

you look bee-u-tiful in your profile picture. I can't wait to see you next week!! I also must confess that I am a touch obsessed with pink. (Do they have a therapy group for that?!?!)

Alder Family said...

I am glad you made that list--it helped remind me that an attitude of gratitude can really lift your spirits. And, Sarah, I am thinking of starting a therapy group for pinkadosis. :) I cannot wait to see you next week!!!

sue said...

In my mind you were still a red person - I remember the obsession that lasted for many years - but will switch you over to the pink column, where until now only Sarah has lived. Things will get better, Adrienne - you're such a wonderful, loving, caring person with such a great attitude and so many people who love you and are praying for your happiness. And, in addition, I promise lots of laughs when you come down for our long-awaited family vacation at Camp Merreyland. Can't wait to see you!

sue said...

I need to modify that last comment to say: "I promise you lots of laughs and lots of treats" - do I need to get my priorities straight or what?

sue said...

what a great list!! is ebtg "everything but the girl?" cause if so it is seriously one of my favorite cds!! but i only have one. :)

i can't wait ot see you! i think you should hold a trial aerobics class with your seeestors at the beach. :)