Monday, August 27, 2007

Get to Steppin'!

I DID IT!! I passed the first part of my instructor certification class!! I am so proud of myself! It was the hardest thing I have done - physically. The workshop was held at a gym in Newmarket, NH and we were in a yoga studio that was about 80 degrees I swear... I am typically warm to begin with so you might imagine how hot I was when you throw in HOURS of step aerobics. I think over the course of the two days I worked out around 12-14 hours... between the workshop itself and the time I spent practicing the track I had to present.

My first presentation went well. My timing was slightly off, but I knew the routine and was even able to pre-que! The instructor was impressed since it was my first time teaching. Then we worked out for a couple more hours and we had to present again - this time in the aerobics studio with the microphone! I CHOKED!! I was so spent physically, mentally and emotionally I had nothing left in me... at one point I really thought my legs were going to to give out... I don't know how my brother-in-laws can run marathons... But I did it!

Now I need to memorize the other 11 tracks (songs) co-teach four times and video tape myself teaching a class, mail it in to be "graded" and I will be a certified Body Step instructor (provided I pass - and I WILL!)

5 comments:

Lauren Maley said...

I can not imagine exercising 12-14 hours in two days. i should try it sometime =) it nearly kills me just doing the FIRM for an hour a day, what a whoosy i am! I am so proud of you!!

Sarah said...

my legs hurt just by thinking about it...ouch!

erin sheely said...

awesome!!! i would totally take your class. :)

tom said...

That's great Adrienne. Sounds like a lot of hard work. Nice job!

Alder Family said...

You rule. You should totally teach us all a class for Thanksgiving. That would be fun. I am super impressed and know you will pass the rest of the requirements to be certified.