Friday, August 31, 2007

Last Day Lisa


My old boss Lisa Burgess got RiFed - Sweetser talk for Reduction in Force, i.e. laid off. I hate seeing her go. While I love my new boss Jami Ream it makes me so sad to think I won't be seeing Lisa's face or hearing her laugh at work. She was so good to me and we had so many fun times. I know there are more to come - especially since she isn't my boss anymore.


As a parting gift she gave me a beautiful hand painted martini glass. She suggested I take it with me to martini nights on Thursday, like some pubs have mug clubs where you get your own mug, I could have my own martini glass! She also gave me Mr. Right when you need him and it is so funny! A little cardboard guy that has a magnet by his head that you can attach different phrases to, like: "I could listen to you talk all night" "It's not your fault, it's mine" "You look thin. Have you lost weight?" "As always, you're right" and "May I take you shoe shopping?" and 5 more blanks so I can make my own. It's a riot.
I am going to miss Lisa... I have had the best bosses since coming to Sweetser! Ed French - who can forget Ed? Lisa and now Jami... hopefully Jami is here to stay for a while. ;)

2 comments:

Alder Family said...

That sounds funny. I am sorry about your boss, that totally bites...but that's great that you'll stay in touch. Most bosses I have had it's nice to be done with. So that says a lot that you actually want to continue having her in your life. :)

Heather said...

OMG! I can't believe they are getting rid of Lisa. Pretty soon you and Evelyn will be running all of Sweetser!