Wednesday, September 5, 2007

No more white pants or shoes

That's what I always think of when it's Labor Day... something my father instilled in me at a young age... Mr. GQ himself.

It was a beautiful weekend in Maine. The weather was dreamy! Not hot and humid in fact a little fall like, I loved it. I worked Friday night - slowest night of the year so far... I got out at 8:30 which is pretty much unheard of on a Friday so I headed to Windsor for a bon fire with a friend I will call The Fisherman.

Saturday I went on a motorcycle ride/lunch with a friend I will call Mr. R1 because that's what he rides for a bike... I can't believe how much I have missed being on a motorcycle. It was the longest lunch date ever. I met him at 1:00 and I didn't get home until 8:30! I was worried that he and I were going to have to have a "talk" because it seemed he was WAY more into me than I was into him, but he spared me :) and we are going to keep it at friends.

Sunday I met Steve for breakfast and we discussed house stuff. We actually had fun! I love how much better we have been getting along. He has agreed to buy me out of the house by transfering money from his 401k to my 403b (non-profit equivalent). I won't have money to put down on anything now, but in order to be done with it, it will have to be done this way. I'm okay with it. I headed to Portland to drop off Little Ray, my kitty. He has a new home with Candace... may only be temporary but she will make sure he is well taken care of. I got to have lunch with Erica and Josiah. I have missed her so much. I can't believe how big her little guy is! Sunday night I worked. Thankfully it was busier than it was on Friday and I actually made some money.

Monday went to a bbq at Popham Beach with a bunch of friends I haven't seen in a long time. Sharon & Jason are up from VA, I saw Nancy Senecal who I rarely see anymore... and several others, it was fun. Monday night I had a date with The Fisherman we went to dinner at the Osprey (like I can't get enough of the joint) and I introduced him to some friends I work with and that come in often... BIG step.

Now it's back to the grind... the grind that doesn't allow for white pants and shoes.

3 comments:

Corinne said...

Your life is SO FULL. I'm so glad you're out and having a good time :)

Sarah said...

The Fisherman sounds pretty mysterious!

Alder Family said...

No white pants or shoes, really? Come on. Stacy and Clinton say it's alright and I thought you lived by their lofty apparel rules. Maybe no pants, but shoes for sure. I don't know why I'm giving you a hard time about it. I don't wear white pants or white shoes at all...so whatever.