Sunday, November 11, 2007

Another one (two) bites the dust...

At one point I was seeing 3 guys. I had been open with all of them - making it clear I wasn't ready for a committed relationship and that I was seeing other people and obviously they should feel free to do the same. I am weeding them out... a rundown:

Massage Boy who I haven't written about yet (it was a new thing) was very taken with me. A little TOO taken with me for the 2 dates we went on. We had talked on the phone and e-mailed for weeks... but it was still early friends stage at the most. The last time we met up he said he wanted to be more than friends and I told him that wasn't a possibility. We decided it would be best if we didn't see each other anymore. In addition to being a massage therapist, he works part-time at the civic center doing security. This past Sunday DD and I went to a Pirates (hockey) game and as luck would have it, Massage Boy was working the section we were sitting in. Here is a transcript of our text message exchange - while AT the game, sitting next to DD:

MB: A picture online with you and a guy hurt. You sitting there all cuddly is killing me. I don't deserve that. I feel sick to my stomach. Thanks for that

A: I'm sorry. I was up front with you and you knew the situation going into "it". It was never my intention to hurt you

MB: Whatever. You know i work here. You could avoid it. My tears weren't fake. I was falling in love with you.

Now I think we are in a "myspace" fight... although not really because I refuse to engage


Then there was Pepaw. I thought about calling him dimples because he has nice ones, but I kept going back to Pepaw. It's a term from my favorite gossip site D Listed and it refers to a hot older man who may or may not be a grandpa... this one happens to be a grandpa... I can't believe I went out with a grandpa! The age thing didn't really bother me - he's 14 years older than I am which isn't a huge deal. He is smart, successful, handsome and polite... as Bartlett would say: he "looks good on paper" but I just wasn't feeling it with him. The last time we went out he went in for a kiss - he got my cheek... he hasn't called since. If he does we'll have to have the "I'm-just-not-that-into-you" talk.

That leaves DD. He is still so sweet and thoughtful. He is patient with me and where I am in my life right now... he's even good with my crazy, in fact he's started calling me his "little crazy cakes" he doesn't know the 1/2 of it... hahaha I am trying to be cautious, use my head as well as my heart, however that is proving to be harder than I thought it would be. I am totally smitten

3 comments:

Corinne said...

seriously, you are a dating fiend

Lauren Maley said...

i like sweet and thoughtful.

Alder Family said...

poor little pepaw--you're breaking hearts all over the place! :) Hurry up and get out here so i can call you crazy cakes to your face!