Friday, February 2, 2007

It's good to be back

As you may or may not know I had taken several months off from the gym. I realized at one point I had been going pretty consistently (3+ days a week) for over 7 years! I decided to take a break for a while - long background story that I will get into at some point. It was so great to be back! I go to Women's Fitness in Brunswick http://www.womensfitnessstudio.org/ and it is so clean, doesn't have that nasty smell like co-ed gyms have... it's really nice. I have met some great women that I have a really good time with and that I have missed for the past several months.

This morning I was in the Body Step class (step aerobics) http://www.lesmills.com/site/programs/bodystep-group-fitness-program.aspx at one point during the routine the instructor says "Great job, Adrienne!" After the track (song) was over I turned to Ann and said "Ha, it's painfully obvious who the favorite is around here" referring to myself, obviously and she responded with "Well, Anna (instructor) just just feels bad for you because you're gonna fall during speed track". (the next track, and as the name indicates - it's fast!) Yeah, she was right - I FELL!! I landed like a upended turtle with my hands and knees in the air kind of rocking back and forth for a second, it was so funny!! I got up, looked at Ann and we about fell over laughing. Of course this was after I called her a name that rhymes with stitch for jinxing me. Thankfully, I wasn't hurt and was able to continue. On my way out the woman at the front desk asked if I needed to fill out an incident report for my injury... that Ann, she's always such a joker! It really was a great way to start my day. Already I am feeling an improvement in my overall mental health from just one week of exercise. Now, if I could just loose weight as fast as I gain it...

I am so happy it's Friday! Tonight I am getting together with my friend Carla who I haven't seen for so long! She is getting married! We are going to catch up and hopefully start planning the wedding, oh how I love a wedding :) Tomorrow morning we are headed to Sugarloaf http://www.sugarloaf.com/mountain.html to ski... I haven't been for weeks and I am excited to see our friends and be outside enjoying the fresh air. Sunday is the Super Bowl - but who cares? The Pats aren't playing so I have lost what little interest I might have been able to muster.

4 comments:

Corinne said...

Wahoo! I'm the first commenter EVER. So glad to see you blogging with us. I love the gym too. I mostly just run, but I want to try to take a class too. You inspired me :)

erin sheely said...

i miss the gym...but the only one i've ever been consistant going to was one of the gym's on post and let me tell you how nasty it was with all those soldiers in there...

Lauren Maley said...

A!!!! I am so glad that you've fallen into the trap! I love you!!!

c-reyn said...

I know how you feel. I always feel terrible when I go a few days without at least breaking a sweat from exhertion.

Glad you started posting.