Wednesday, February 14, 2007

My Sweet Nadia

It's been a while I have seen Nadia. For those of you who don't know, Nadia is the 2 year old daughter of my dear friends Peter & Vivian. I refer to her as my niece and she calls me Auntie. It's been hard being so far away from all my blood related nieces and nephews (in MD, NC and NV), so I feel fortunate to be close to Nadia. She is the most beautiful, funny and smart little girl I know.

On Friday Steve, Chris (our good friend) and I went to PVN's house (abbreviated Peter, Vivian and Nadia) to get take-out and spend some time together. I had not seen Peter or Nadia since before I went to MD for Meagan's baby shower - it's been almost 3 weeks! (I am fortunate enough to see Vivian at least once a week.) I know it doesn't sound like that long, but when I am used to seeing them at least once a week - it seemed like forever. When I first came in the door, Nadia started saying "AUNTIE" both verbal and signing and would then would point to me, she did this several times :) She let me hold her for a long time, snuggling into my neck and being so sweet. I can't believe how much I missed her! She is growing up so fast and learning more all the time... I feel like when too much time goes by without seeing her, she is going to forget me... thankfully she didn't.

Here are a couple of pictures of Nadia:
The first one is of her and the blanket I made her for Hanukkah, the second is Exasperated Nadia (apparently not pleased with the leggings she had to wear under her dress) and the 3rd is Auntie and Nadia. It's clear I absolutely love this little girl.

3 comments:

erin sheely said...

she is supercute!!! i am glad you have a little one close to you

Lauren Maley said...

adorable. . . i want a little one near me to play with!!!

Corinne said...

She is a darling. You're lucky to have such great friends :)