Tuesday, May 8, 2007

HUGE THANKS

Last Thursday I moved into a room in my friends Sarah & Johnny's house in Arrowsic. It's been an adjustment of course... I am nowhere near finished growing and changing... I look forward to feeling more settled and comfortable.

I have been so fortunate to have the love and support of friends and family to help me through this transition time. I owe special thanks to Vivian and Erica for their hospitality and friendship during those first crucial days. They continue to be major supporters. Thank you to my sweet sister Meagan for listening to me anytime/all the time helping me "process the process" (hehe) and for the sweet notes on my blog and e-mail from my other family members respecting me and understanding how hard it is at times to rehash things over and over, but knowing they are there means the world to me... I look forward to seeing you all in June. Thank you to Nancy R. for being my hot date to the wedding, and for listening to me for months... To Bartlett for letting me be the Sad Sack for a change :) This is starting to sounds like an acceptance speech of some sort... I think maybe it is... an acceptance of myself and my choices.

Sunday night was a particularly rough night, lots of tears... and as I said my evening prayer I asked for strength and guidance from my higher power to make it through this challenge and come out stronger. No sooner had I finished my dad called. I would say we talked for a good 20 minutes, but a more accurate description would be that he listened to me cry for 20 minutes and said very little, but what he did say was exact right thing at the exact right time. I could not have asked for more.

I am so grateful for all the amazing people in my life. Thank you.

5 comments:

Corinne said...

Your post made me cry - especially the part about accepting who you are and the hard choices you are making. I am so proud of you, my sweet friend.

Sarah said...

Your post made me cry too. I just want so bad for you to be happy...and for you to know how much I love you.

c-reyn said...

okay can i join the tears team? i love you so adrienne. you are a strong woman...i want to sing some gloria to you...

Alder Family said...

I like the acceptance speech--it is fitting. I love you more than I even have words.

erin sheely said...

so that comment by c-ren was from me!!!