Tuesday, May 8, 2007

Spring is in the air

In Maine we have a lot of "seasonal" spots... and when they start opening it's a sure sign that winter is FINALLY almost over and we can start looking forward to warmer weather. Dairy Queen and Fat Boy are those signs for me. While they both opened in March - it didn't begin to feel like spring until recently.




Fat Boy is an old fashion car hop style drive-in, the servers that come to your car don't wear roller skates... I wish they did, that would be very entertaining. But they take your order at the car and bring it to your car, and you put the tray on the window. There is something very satisfying about sitting in your car - and being waited on. I haven't been yet this season... but I am waiting for just the right time. A warm - but not hot summer day... I am going to have a Whoper (yes, it's only spelled with 1 "p") Burger basket and a chocolate frappe (yes, it's 2 "p"s). Now I need to call Vivian and make a date!

Yesterday I had DQ for the first time this season... A woman in my office picked it up on her way in... vanilla soft serve sundae with hot fudge (nowhere near as tasty as my step-mom Sue's) and peanuts... SO good! Totally hit the spot. There is a DQ on the way home, now I just need to make sure I don't make this little sundae treat a habit! :)

2 comments:

Lauren Maley said...

Mom and I had DQ on the way down to North Carolina yesterday, it as AMAZING!!! I need to not make it a habit as well!

Corinne said...

I swear, ice cream is one of my greatest pleasures. So glad you had some!