Monday, April 30, 2007

An Inner B Reminder:

Today my calendar says:
"An Inner Bitch Reminder: If no one knows what you want, they won't be able to deliver. It's up to you to let your wishes be known."

I love that! There is an Al-Anon saying, "Expectations are preconceived disappointments" basically saying the same thing as the calendar does. I can't hold someone responsible for information they aren't given. And it's okay to let someone know what I want - last night I was given an array of dinner options and I was able to tell Erica, I really want pizza, rather than saying, I don't care, whatever you want... granted that was a tiny little thing, but I did it (baby steps) and I think it's easier to do when it is someone I feel safe with, someone who I know loves me no matter what.

1 comment:

Alder Family said...

that's great! and don't down play that it was only a dinner decision--like you said, baby steps--small changes lead to bigger changes.