Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Again with the no title... I don't know what's up with Blogger. I'm sure it has nothing to do with the user, hahaha

I had been saving this Getting in Touch with Your Inner Bitch from June 27 and it is so perfect for today:

"Your Inner Bitch wonders how many women have ended up dating the wrong person just because they didn't want to offend someone who asked them out. Is taking care of someone else's fragile ego worth wasting our precious time? I don't think so."

LOVE IT! I went on my first date in almost 10 years last night... we'll call him Bee (names have been changed to protect the innocent). It was interesting to say the least... I'm so glad I have a prescription for ulcer medication. I was surprised at how nervous I was. I have been wanting to start "getting out there" so to say, but when the time actually came - it was a bit stressful. We had a fine time... nothing to really blow my socks off, so the quote above is perfect for today.

I need to learn how to say no - in so many areas of my life. I think it's the musical Oklahoma that has the song "I'm just a girl who can't say no" I am so concerned about hurting someone else's feelings that I often overlook my own. My Inner B suggests saying "I don't think so." If he asks me out again I will practice saying that... no time like the present.

3 comments:

Lauren Maley said...

I dislike first dates as well, they drive me crazy.

Corinne said...

You know, I read someone else about saying "I don't think so." I have got to learn as well to say no gracefully and then SHOO AWAY THE GUILT. NO GUILT. My time is mine and I need to spend it in the best ways for ME. You go girl.

erin sheely said...

the quote is awesome. we should definitely be aware of other people's feelings...but not to the point where we are miserable or making decisions based on the feelings of someone we don't even know very well. do you like my use of the word we?