Wednesday, July 25, 2007

What a weekend...

I feel like I went non-stop for so long, then finally crashed... hard. A couple noteworthy things form the weekend that I will share.

Early Saturday morning I headed to Bath to get stuff to make potato salad for the annual St.Jean summer party - which is usually held at camp but because of Jackie's (my mother-in-law) broken arm it was held at Lise's (my sister-in-law) house in Lewiston. While I was at the house - our house in Bath where Steve lives - making the potato salad I had a little accident... although some are wondering if it really was an accident, hahaha. While I was cutting the potatoes Steve said he was leaving, I went to hug him - both of our arms went up and I STABBED HIM IN THE ARM! It was SO gross!! I could see past the skin layer, the fatty layer (not that there was much of one) to the pink part! And it wasn't bleeding! I FREAKED out, crying, oh my gosh, you need stitches, we need to go the ER, on and on... he said, nope I gotta go, the boat's leaving at 9:30 and off he went...

Saturday I was invited to a "Ladies Luncheon" hosted by my girlfriend Suz. I had the best time. There were only 4 of us at her home in Newcastle, but we laughed for hours... told funny stories and had great food and drinks - pomegranate martinis! To quote Suz "shadoobee". We decided that we would make it a monthly event and take turns hosting and inviting other women to join us.

Saturday night I had dinner with my mother, her brother Brian and his wife Jennifer. Brian and Jennifer were visiting from California. We decided they should come to the Osprey rather than me going to Portland to do the touristy type thing. Our meal was lovely, view was excellent and the company fabulous.

Sunday was the St.Jean summer party and it was so nice to see everyone again, although it was really hard. Sometimes it just hits me that I am not going to be as close to these people as I have been... that I am not going to be included in the family activities, birthdays, holidays and what not... I think it's almost harder than splitting up with Steve. The family has never been anything but loving and supportive... I had been detaching from Steve for so long - but not the family until now and seeing them all was tough. Especially Alex... there is something about that little guy - well not so little anymore... I remember hearing him add Auntie A to his prayers when he was 7 and we were visiting from Utah... seeing Simon in the hospital when he was only hours old... Taking Graham to the movies. Having dinner at camp, Christmas at Lise's and Easter at Renee's... enough, it's making me cry to type about it and think of all the fun times we had together as a family. I will always love them.

4 comments:

c-reyn said...

Wow. You stabbed someone.

Major street cred.

Sorry the event was bittersweet. Miss you and love.

Corinne said...

I bet loosing Steve's family in that way is really hard. For a minute I thought you were joking that you stabbed him. Glad all is well :)

tom said...

Wow, crazy weekend.

Sarah said...

Good lans, A. I'm sorry things are hard, I can only imagine. And woah about accidentallyh stabbing Steve. I bet you just felt awful. I love you so!