Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Dates, Dates and More Dates

"It takes a mighty good man to be better than no man at all." ~ Dixie Carter


Ain't that the truth!? My dating life lately has been interesting to say the least.

I guess I am no longer seeing The Fisherman since neither one of us have called each other in 2 weeks... I would say it just fizzled out and I am happy I didn't have to have a discussion about not seeing each other anymore, clearly he felt the same way! hahaha

This past weekend Boston was supposed to come up... I don't think I have written about him. At first I didn't want to jinx it by talking about it too much but it's blatantly obvious he just isn't that into me. When we are together we have a really good time. He is an excellent host/tour guide in Boston and we go to great places... however I think for him out of sight, out of mind is a factor. He doesn't see me often so he forgets about me? I don't know... I was holding out hope because we have known each other for a couple years, knows a lot of my friends and is fun to be with. When he was up here the last time he commented on how much weight I had lost (not really that much, but I love that he noticed). In Boston we were getting ready to go to dinner, I was wearing a fabulous dress and when we were on the elevator he said "seriously, how much weight have you lost" with a bit of concern in his voice and I told him, it's only been 18 pounds or so he responded with "Well, I don't think you should loose anymore, you are perfect just the way you are" Maybe you had to be there, but the way he said it - I almost started crying. Do you know how long I have waited to have a man say that to me? My whole friggin' life! In any event, he sent me an e-mail saying he was coming up this past weekend and either decided not to come or decided not to call while he was here. His loss.

Thursday 10/11 the night of my "New Beginnings" celebration (still need to post pics) at MJ's I saw a handsome guy sitting at the bar by himself... I thought it was odd. Why sit there alone? Our eyes met a couple times - but it wasn't the time to be talking to guys so I moved along. Later saw one of my friends - Nicki - from the party talking to him. Turns out he was her DD (designated driver). I told her the next day I thought he was wicked cute, she said he thought the same thing... Jami invited him the following week 10/18 to her going away and the super cute DD showed :) An interesting night to say the least... since then we have been seeing quite a bit of each other. He is so sweet... calls me, sends me text messages, asks me out often and wants to spend time with me... this must be what Greg & Liz were talking about... if a guy is into you - you'll know. You won't have to wonder.

Per Rick, my friends and MYSELF I am not ready for a serious relationship right now... I need to keep my options open. With that in mind, I have another date tonight with a guy that I don't yet have a codename for. I met him through a couple that Steve and I introduced... funny, huh? He is very smart, handsome and quite a bit older than I am (more than 10 years). It will be interesting to see if we are on the same page.

There's more, but I feel like this post is already long enough

2 comments:

Lauren Maley said...

the posts are never long enough, I love reading your posts. I love you!

Alder Family said...

I say that what Lauren says is what I say. You're doing amazing and totally putting yourself out there and I am especially impressed w/ your willingness to walk away from Boston...even if he was a sweety when you were with him. How he could possibly forget you is beyond any of us, so you were right: "His Loss" for shizzle.