Thursday, October 11, 2007

Done Deal...

"I'm really demanding. No girl really wants just a guy. You want a prince. You want Jesus. So when he comes around and his name is like, Steve, what are you supposed to do?" ~ Macy Gray



That cracked me up! ESPECIALLY because she picked the name Steve. Yesterday was the big day... I am officially a divorcee. I don't think I like that term so much... I'm going to boycott it.

We had a such a good morning. We went to breakfast where we talked and laughed the whole time, went to court and then he changed the headlight in my car :) Such a good Wasband. When we got in the courtroom there was a couple already seated at the tables in front of the judge and although they were sitting at 2 separate tables they had their backs turned to each other. Steve and I sat down on the bench and he put his arm around me and started laughing and I said "if we don't stop getting along so well, the judge isn't going to grant us a divorce!" I am so happy with how things are with us and how amicable we are. He is my friend again and I hope it always stays that way.

When I was in therapy earlier this week Rick asked if I had any regrets and I was able to honestly say no. I wouldn't change the experiences I had because it has made me who I am. I needed to go through that... as painful as it was at times it was also really good at times. I know we have done the right thing and I have never had second thoughts. I also know that I will always love him, as a friend and as my first (and only) Wasband.

8 comments:

Lauren Maley said...

I am really glad you two still get along. I too hope it stays that way. I can't wait to see you!

Leah said...

I am glad it went so well and you two are parting on good terms. You are officially starting a whole new chapter of your life--here's to you!

Leah said...

um, that comment wasn't from mom--it was from me, Meagan, I guess I am signed in under mom's account...anywhoha, luv.

erin sheely said...

i do love you so and i'm glad that you have no regrets.

Corinne said...

What more could you ask for - that than feeling of peace?? Good for you A.

Southbound Saint said...

Who is "Wasband" character, anyway?

Sarah said...

Glad things are well!

ashley knell said...

hey! it's your cousin, ashley! (bob and betsy's daughter). i got ahold of your blog and was happy to hear that you live in ca! did i understand right? My husband and I just moved to San Fran a couple months ago! I would love to get in touch! Let me know, drop me a line!