Friday, October 19, 2007

Vivian

"There are always new, grander challenges to confront, and a true winner will embrace each one" ~ Mia Hamm

I picked that quote for Vivian who is one of my dearest friends. Not only is she a loving mother, wonderful wifey, and best friend - she is a fighter and a true winner. Viv has been diagnosed with breast cancer... and I know she will push through this "grand challenge" and be even stronger. The doctors are feeling optimistic about her prognosis since the cancer was found early... however, she is facing surgery and chemo.
Please send positive thoughts and pray for Vivian and her family.
Her thoughtfulness of others never ceases to amaze me. She has been a constant source of strength to me through one of the hardest times in my life... she is always an example of selflessness... I can't keep track of all the times she has altered her schedule for me, dropped what she was doing to have lunch with me because I needed to talk... Invited me into her home to spend time with them (Peter, Vivian & my surrogate niece Nadia). I love this woman and hope I can be there for her the way she has been there for me.

2 comments:

Corinne said...

WOAH. I am SO SORRY. I know you are such good friends. She'll definitely be in my prayers.

sue said...

I'm so sorry to hear about Vivian, and will absolutely remember her in my prayers. You're both so lucky to have each other as friends.