Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Rough Week

Last week was tough. I am finally coming to the realization that I can't do everything... and it is painful. Never before I have wanted to admit this. I feel like I am failing... not at one thing in particular - just at life in general. I have always considered myself a bit of a Wonder Woman and to not be able to do and deal with everything is a lot harder than I thought it would be.


Rick (therapist) suggested I look into a medication for my pms (I don't even want to give it capitol letters). Great, I'm one of those girls/women... I have noticed a pattern. Every month I get SO emotional, so overwhelmed and so down. I now acknowledge that it's normal for me to feel depressed right now. I have been dealing with some pretty heavy life changes, and some other intense stuff... but I don't like being depressed! I hate it. It exhausts me - ah, that would be yet another sign of depression... the lack of interest in things that used to interest me... insomnia... I sound like a damn commercial for an anti-depressant - UGH!

Thankfully I am back on an upward trend.

4 comments:

Jami said...

You are a Wonder(ful) Woman! I am so glad that we are friends!

erin sheely said...

isn't it such a blow to the old ego when you get to that point where you realize that you aren't, in fact, invincible? i have this conversation with myself all the time and it's amazing how often i have to have it. i think you ar amazing and do so much for your friends. hang in there.

Lauren Maley said...

Adrianna, you are in fact amazing. While mom and dad were here I realized, again, that I can't do everything, not only everything I want but everything that is expected of me. I really don't like that feeling either, so I keep trying to do everything. dang ego! love you!

Corinne said...

Dude, I know it's so hard when you get there. But, it's sorta empowering too. I'm proud of you