Sunday, September 23, 2007

Big Ol' Can of Crazy

One of my favorite names to call people... I can't take credit for it - Carla said it on Scrubs. It still cracks me up.


What prompted this post is the guy (I'll was going to call him the Lobsterman - now he's just Crazy Cakes) I was supposed to have a date with on Saturday day - a lunch/movie thing... he didn't want the commitment of a Saturday night date, too much pressure he said (that's MY line! I don't schedule a Saturday night as a first date, I want to make sure it's going to be worth my while before I give up guaranteed fun plans with my friends). Anyway, Crazy Cakes said he would call me early Saturday morning - sometime after 7:30 to make a plan. It gets to be 11:30 and I still haven't heard from him... I decide to give him until noon which I think is pretty generous. He calls at 11:55. The conversation was annoying... and it goes around in circles about time/where we are going etc. After we make a plan to meet at 2:30 (I have to pick him up - at his parent's house! because his car is in the shop) for a 4:10 movie. I rethink the situation, how irked I am that called late, how pompous he is and how he just expected me to sit around and wait for him... Then I think of my "hot & heavy" girlfriend Jordana who I know I am going to have a good time with that night and decide that a date with Crazy Cakes isn't going to work for me. I call him back and say can we do lunch instead? He says "never mind, we'll do it tomorrow" (Sunday) I said, "No, I have to work". He says "Monday?" "Again, no, I have to work, and get ready for my trip"... I get a moment of silence followed up with "And I guess when you get back you will need a day to recover" and I said "I will have been gone for over 10 days, I will need than a day, maybe that following weekend?" Still trying to be nice... not sure why - I need to get rid of Toxic Niceness... He says, "whatever, have a good night" "oh, I will" I respond. There is a lot more detail in there that is just too much to type.


So a 1/2 hour after I hang up with him - I get this e-mail.


You should know me well enough by now to realize that I wont be playing second fiddle to anyone, especially Jordana. Its all about choices, and you just made one. I got punked out for a chick on a Saturday night.........are you serious ???? I am all for girls night out once in a while, but its every night for you guys. If I was Jordanas boyfriend, I would tell her to stay home and act like a girlfriend, but apparently she needs the attention so much that she would rather get hoochied up, go out, and flash the "double ds" to a bunch of strange men instead of enjoying a nice dinner, a movie, and then rocking out in bed. WHAT EVA, been there done that 20 years ago. That says volumes about the relationship dosent it ! You told me last night that you are a dating machine ??? Well, I dont share so good, and I DONT get worked into a spot on agendas, agendas get worked into a spot on me, so whats up ? Typical deal;, a girl has kids way to early, leaves them with the x, and parties because she should never had them to begin with because they interferes with the social life. Let me know when you get the partying out of your system !



The important thing to keep in mind is that he has never met my girlfriend Jordana. Here is what he knows about her: One of my best friends, divorced with 2 kids that are with their father from Thursday - Sunday, engaged to a deployed navy guy, and wicked fun to be with.


SO glad he let the crazy out early!! I didn't even have to go on a first date! I responded with: Okay. I was not about to waste my time, effort and energy defending my friend to him.


Ah, the joys of dating. Good thing I have my main squeeze Jordana to go out with to make up for all the crazy :)


5 comments:

Lauren Maley said...

and guys say we are crazy!!! i dont get it!!

Corinne said...

DUDE. So glad you never actually went out with him!

Sarah said...

Gosh, he sounds like such a winner...oh I mean whiner.

erin sheely said...

for real...lame!! sounds like you're for sure the one who lucked out on that one.

tom said...

Wow, that's quite some drama.