Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Front & Center


Today I did the step routine in front of the class... I didn't cue it - but I faced the class with another instructor. It wasn't too hard because Anna was cuing - all I had to do was listen and remember what foot we were really on. When you are teaching the class almost everything starts out on the left foot, but you are saying right foot because that is what the class is stepping on. I was very red faced throughout the routine, but I think it was a combo of being in front for the first time... a hot room without fans blowing on me (there aren't any aimed at the instructors - only on the participants!?) and I am just a red face. I don't know how else to explain it... oh, don't want to forget that I am a big sweater too... no, not like what you wear, but I sweat so much when I work out... my acupuncturist said it was a good thing... maybe in that setting but while working out - not so much. I think I am going to have to do an Olivia Newton John and get sweat bands for my head and wrists. Good look - right?

3 comments:

Corinne said...

that picture is a riot. nice job at the gym!!

Lauren Maley said...

I sweat so bad it is ridiculous. From everything I have learned it is a really good thing, but it sure doesn't always feel that way. I can't imagine how hard it is to saw right but do left. How amazing you are!!

Alder Family said...

Seriously hilarious picture! That Olivia--what a character. Way to go being IN FRONT OF THE CLASS!!! This coming from a woman who hates working out in front of ANYONE!! I'm completely impressed. Takes a lot of courage to push past a fear like that. Hooray for you!