Thursday, September 27, 2007

Sausilito & Shuffleboard

I stayed with Jasper and Nikki in Sausilito Wednesday night when I first got to California and Jasper got the job of entertaining me since Nikki had to work. Lucky for him I'm easily amused. He asked if I wanted to play shuffleboard - "like old people on a cruise ship?" I asked? He said no, it was nothing like that and was sure I would have fun. He was right, of course :)

The pictures are small because they were taken with my phone... I really need to figure out how to make them bigger... any computer genius out there have any ideas?


The table (I guess that's what it's called? pictured on the right) has silica dust on it which is apparently ground up computer chips and there to help the pieces slide down the table has lines on it and the object is to get your puck within the lines and your opponent tries to knock you out of those lines... I wasn't really clear on the scoring system, but it was fun and I didn't care if I won or lost. I added a wikipedia link above for anyone who really wanted to learn about table top shuffleboard.

No comments: