Sunday, December 2, 2007

THE GREEN KNIGHT RULES!

The Friday after Thanksgiving we had family pictures taken... and it was relatively painless - pretty amazing considering how many of us there were!
After pictures we went to Corinne's house for lunch and a little birthday party for Xavier. From there we went to Medieval Times. What a riot! I had no idea what I was in for when we arrived... The stadium is broken down into sections, each section has a knight to cheer for. We were given paper crowns and being the sucker I am, I bought a little plastic green flag to help me cheer even louder. Lauren and I sat next to each other and created quite a scene. We yelled so loud we were horse! The (wicked handsome) Green Knight kissed a flower and tossed it to me - although it fell a little short and the lady in front of me picked it up - as if she didn't know it was meant for ME! hehe Our knight won but was attacked at the very end by the bad guy. It was all very dramatic. It was fun to be a place where you eat with your hands (there is no silverware) and are encouraged to be as loud as you can!
It's fun to be part of a huge family... especially one that gets along and likes spending time together. Sometimes it's hard to be so far away - but it makes the times I visit that much better.

2 comments:

erin sheely said...

the green knight for sure does rule! it was sooo fun to be there with you!

Lauren Maley said...

i can't lie A, i had a rockin good time =) i am so glad you came down!!!