Friday, December 14, 2007

Sweet Victory

I am not a good bowler - in fact I am quite proud of the fact that I am not. There is no shame in admitting it.

For many years the St.Jean clan would go bowling on Thanksgiving. It was always SO much fun! And without fail every year I would have the lowest score... again, nothing I was ashamed of. One year Cousin Jeff mentioned how happy he was that Steve and I were married because now there was a bowler that was even worse than him - Thanks Cousin Jeff! ;-) Another year Jack (who was 4 at the time) was bragging about how he beat Adrienne! In my defense he had bumpers... The most recent bowling humiliation was suffered at the hands of the nephew Alex who kicked my butt! I don't think I broke 50 on that game! He beat Steve too, hehe.

So imagine how shocked I was when we went bowling last night and I actually WON!! Not only did I break my previous high score of 48 - I bowled a 125!! And I wasn't with bad bowlers! One of the guys we were with bowls so often he has his own shoes and balls!? Granted he hasn't bowled in over six months while he was on deployment, but still! I tried to take pictures of the score board, but it was too far away... I have a print out if anyone wants to see it, I would be happy to make copies and mail it to you.

The sweet taste of victory lingers on...

5 comments:

Lauren Maley said...

I wonder if not being good at bowling is genetic?!?! I am HORRIBLE!!! I am glad you won though, make a sister proud!

Sarah said...

Good for you!! The first time Bryce and I ever bowled together, I kicked his butt...seriously. Now he slaughters me every time. It is possible that we all inherited a bad bowling gene.

erin sheely said...

for real. mostly i think i should play with bumpers but even then...

tom said...

Congrats!

Alder Family said...

Bien hecho