Saturday, December 1, 2007

Thanksgiving in Maryland

This year I had Thanksgiving with my Dad, Sue and siblings for the first time in 17 years! We were all together - Tom was home (safely, thank God) from Iraq, Jordan was home from her mission, I was home from Maine, Sarah from Vegas and Lauren from BYU! Meagan, Corinne & Chris are local :)

This is the first Thanksgiving I (we) haven't hosted in 5 or 6 years... It was a good transition considering the circumstances... although I missed my St. Jean family and the good times we've had. It was weird not to have the stress... staying up late the night before making place cards, washing the serving dishes, etc., making a plan with Steve of who was going to do what the next day. Arguing about who was doing more, who was going to make coffee Thanksgiving morning to get the ball rolling, hehe - good times, huh Wasband? ;-)

It has been quite a year, a lot has changed... most of all - me.

I am thankful for a loving family and amazing friends who support me and stand by me. I am thankful to have a job and a home. I am grateful for the challenges I have been given that have made me a stronger person... I am truly blessed.

1 comment:

Alder Family said...

I haven't read your blog in SO long! Nice updates! I am so glad you were here for Thanksgiving and I am so thankful for you. We miss you bad.