Monday, December 17, 2007

Rico Tubbs

Steve called me this morning to tell me his big buddy is being put down today. We've had this cat for almost 10 years... Rico Tubbs made the trek with us from Utah to Maine in the back of a pickup truck (there was a cap on it). What an adventure that was for him - and us! While en route we stopped in Philly to see Cory. We were driving on back roads that were very curvy and at some point during that portion of the trip his bigness (Rico) decides to do his business but partially misses the box! When we got to Cory's house Steve had to cut some of the fat stuff's hair and hose him off in the shower because of the mess!! So gross! Taking care of the cat's business was always Steve's job and he did it well.


My heart breaks for Steve, he loves that cat so much. Putting Boots down a couple years ago was traumatic enough, but at least we had each other and got to say good-bye to her... Even though I haven't lived with the fatty fatty 2 x 4 for several months, knowing he is gone and I didn't get to say good-bye is harder than I thought it would be... Thank you, to Diane (Steve's friend who has been taking care of Rico) for looking after the big guy and for doing what has to be done... that job sucks.


I love you, Rico Tubbs a.ka. 20 lbs of hairy love, his bigness, Bikos, the Fat Effer, Fatty Fatty 2 x 4, Biko Bikofski the Russian kitty, Chinese cook and many others that I am sure will come to me later today... You'll be missed.

No comments: