Friday, December 21, 2007

Hmm...

Amy, a woman I work with brought in a present for me this morning... She wanted to watch me open it and had a HUGE smile on her face - and at the same time was slightly concerned that I might be offended. I knew we were off to a good start! hahaha



The good news is, it's microwaveable! Whatever the hell IT is... does anyone know? We are guessing some sort of cake with raisins... Has anyone had it? Amy found it at the grocery store in the "Ethnic Food" section and after a double take decided she had to buy it for SOMEONE... I'm so glad she thought of me! :)

1 comment:

Leah said...

Spotted Dick is a traditional English pudding--boiled suet with bits of dried fruit, usually raisins or currants, that look like little spots. No one is quite sure when (or why) "dick" was first used for this concoction.

Suet is the hard fatty tissue about the loins and kidneys of beef, sheep, etc., used in cooking or processed to yield tallow. Ugh.

Now, with all this information, are you sure you want to open the thing? Let us know how it is...if you're still able to talk afterwards. :-)