Sunday, April 22, 2007

Earth Day

"So that they will respect the land, tell your children that the earth is rich with the lives of our kin. Teach your children what we have taught our children, that the earth is our mother. Whatever befalls the earth, befalls the sons of the earth. If men spit upon the ground, they spit upon themselves." - Native American wisdom

I really liked this saying and wanted to pass it on. My mother gave me this desk calendar for Christmas called "Getting in Touch with Your Inner Bitch" All this time I thought my Inner Bitch and I were the best of friends! Apparently that isn't the case. The calendar is all about standing up for yourself, believing in yourself with some sassy quotes thrown in for good measure. Every now and again there will be some more deep and meaningful quotes/days.

1 comment: