Tuesday, April 3, 2007

St. Patrick's Day

I can't believe my last post was the middle of March... how time has flown by! I will back track a bit...

Saturday 3/17/07 we celebrated St. Patrick's Day with our friends the Senecal's and their son Chase who had his first birthday! I can't believe he is already a year old. He is so cute and personable!

That night my girlfriend Nancy Riggs and I volunteered at the Sweetser Auction. We did it last year and had a great time. Our job was to sell the 50/50 raffle tickets so we get to mingle, and talk to a lot of people. What made part of the day/afternoon an bit of an adventure was the power outage at our house! The auction is a bit of a fancy affair so we needed to get dressed up, much thanks to Vivian for letting us get ready (and the wine) at her beautiful home before heading to the birthday party.

I donated handmade gift cards (duh, should have taken a picture of them!) and they sold for $45!! Granted the first bottle of maple syrup made by the kids at the Sweetser School went for over $300... I think people just really want to give. And I am glad they do since it pays my salary! Gotta love a not for profit work environment!

No comments: