Tuesday, April 3, 2007

Good to be home

Although it was touch and go there for a bit! Flying has become such a hassle... I suppose if I was a person who didn't wear make-up or shower on a regular basis it wouldn't be as big of a deal, but I can't do a carry-on anymore unless I either buy new make-up, shampoo, conditioner, etc. or go without. I can't fit all my products into the 3 oz containers that then fit into ONE quart size bag! I digress...



My sweet little brother Christopher said he would take me to the airport for my trip home, he had his Google map and we were all set to go. The trip should take about 45 minutes and we had left 2 hours early... yeah, the Google map was wrong. We ended up in a residential neighborhood a good 45 minutes from the airport, with my plane leaving in 45 minutes. I called JetBlue to discuss my options should I miss my flight... it (yes, there was really only 1 option) was a flight home the next day for $180. I was FREAKING out inside - but I kept my cool, I felt bad that Chris was so stressed out... once we got there I checked in, and the plane was still there - all I had to do was get to the gate... through the security line from hell. Finally I got through it and ran (as much as I run?) as fast as I could in inappropriate footwear. I got there just in time to see the plane pull away from the gate... at this point I am crying - not for missing my plane, but for the $180 it's going to cost me to get home! The woman behind the counter must have felt sorry for the mascara smeared, sweat stained, red faced freak standing in front of her and helped me out. Booked me on a flight the next day - confirmed seat, not even stand by - FOR FREE!! I was very pleased with my JetBlue experience.



Chris took me back to Meagan's for another last night (and some P.F. Chang's!). The only real bummer was the fact that the airline still had my bag... did I mention I hate not being able to carry-on luggage? :)



As Chris and I were touring some fine areas in Virginia, I was thinking that our little road trip was the most time we have spent together - 1 on 1 - since he was a little boy and we still lived in Utah... a couple of years before the move to D.C. He has grown into such an amazing, smart, handsome young man that I am proud to have for a brother. Thanks again for the ride and excellent conversation big guy.

4 comments:

Corinne said...

that is QUITE a story. i had not heard it. i am glad you made it home safe and that you got to spend some time with brudder. i love you!

sue said...

It was so great to see you while you were here. Glad you made it home ok, though a bit late. Chris felt so bad about the mix-up, but he loved spending the evening with you, Meagan and Jon. I hope we get to see you in June at Camp Merryeland.

erin sheely said...

for the love!! i'm glad that it all worked out in the end.

Lauren Maley said...

oh Adrianna!!! It feels like I never get to talk to you anymore!!! We should set up a phone date so I can catch up on your amazing life. I hope things are well!!!