Sunday, April 29, 2007

These Boots are Made for Walkin'

I think it's a bit ironic that my fabulous new boots arrive on the day Steve and I have decided to separate. This has been a decision a long time in the making... I have decided that I will find somewhere else to live while we try to sell the house. I will keep you updated here.

Right now I am not ready to talk... although I am not stuffing (my feelings or my face), I am grieving in my own way... I am sitting with my feelings and allowing myself to be as sad, hopeful, strong, tired, hurt and melancholy as I need to be - when I need to be and not trying to be anything for anyone else.

I am having a little flashback to my last break-up of a long-term relationship and cruising around in the car with my sisters Erin and Meagan belting out the disco classic by Gloria Gaynor - I will survive. And I will, I know I will. Now, if I could just get itunes to sell me the dang song, I could add to the soundtrack of my life.

Please keep us in your prayers...
AA Step 11. Sought through prayer and meditation to improve our conscious contact with God, as we understood Him, praying only for knowledge of His will for us and the power to carry that out. That's what we have been doing and what has helped with this decision. We still love each other and hope that this time apart will do what it needs to for our marriage.

Thank you for your love and support.

4 comments:

Corinne said...

I really love you. My heart is sad because I want so much for you to feel HAPPY and if this is the step that needs to be taken for you to be happy, then I will pray for you to have strength while you take it. I really love you and will be thinking of you A LOT. PLEASE let me know what I can do to help, okay? I

erin sheely said...

oh adrienne. i love you so. this must be so very difficult...i konw there is nothing helpful i can say. but i do love you and for sure will keep you in our prayers. we're always here for you and would do anything for you.

Lauren Maley said...

I love you Adrianna. I wish that there was something to say to tell you how much I truly do care. You are always in my prayers but I will say an extra prayer for you and for Steve, that things will work out the way you want them to. I love you!

Adrienne said...

Thank you. I love you all so much. Knowing you are there when I am ready means a lot to me.