Wednesday, April 18, 2007

OVER IT!

At first it was a bit of an adventure... now it is just a big pain in the butt! For two nights I have cooked by flashlight and ate dinner in the "ice box" a.k.a my house, boiled water to wash dishes in and gone to bed at 7:00 out of sheer boredom (and I was freakin' freezing!)... I am ready for a warm bed, and a warm meal - not cooked by me! I told Steve we would be eating out tonight, I would decide where :) I won't even get started on missing my shows! Steve was headed to the YMCA last night to take a shower and he asked if I wanted to go. "Why would I want to go?" He said "because there is heat and light". I was ready to go before he was.

I would have NEVER made it as a pioneer... Anna from the gym who has two little kids said "at first it was fun to play Little House on the Prairie, now I want my lights on". Chris said (as he was wrapped in a blanket with a ski coat and winter hat watching his breath plumes, while standing in the kitchen and warming his hands on the stove) "the novelty has worn off"...

Every prayer I say includes how grateful I am for my house, and all the luxuries I have. I know it is pretty pathetic to bitch about not having power for a couple days when there are much bigger problems all over. This is trivial in the big scheme of things... I think I needed a reminder of how lucky I really am. And here it is.

2 comments:

Lauren Maley said...

I am so sorry that you still don't have power, I would be t-the freak-oed!!!! i don't do no power very well. I could not have made it as a pioneer either!

Corinne said...

this sucks. i am so sorry a!!